top of page

What is an SLP?

Speech-Language Pathologist or Speech Therapist

A Speech-Language Pathologist, often called a Speech Therapist, or SLP is a professional who prevents, diagnoses and treats speech, language, social communication and swallowing difficulties in children, adolescents and adults.

Educational Path

1) Earn a Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year College or University, with a degree in Communication Sciences/ Disorders, 


2) Earn a graduate degree (Master of Arts, or Master of Science) from an accredited College or University* with a Communication Disorders/Communication Sciences program. Complete required clinical experience throughout the graduate program. *by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)


3) Pass a National Praxis examination, complete state-specific licensure requirements to work in medical or school settings. 

4) Complete a Clinical Fellowship Year (360 supervised clock hours)


Visit EdFind for more information.

Where do we work?

bottom of page